13 Nov Generation Ready Officially Announces Distinguished Advisory Board
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 14, 2013
Leading provider of school improvement services announces advisory board
Generation Ready Taps Expertise of Esteemed Education Thought Leaders
New York, NY – Generation Ready, one of the largest providers of professional development and school improvement services in the country, is proud to announce the names of its 11-person advisory board.
The diverse group of professionals will offer recommendations and actively elevate the national discussion concerning the state of education in the United States, including advice and counsel about school achievement, literacy, the Common Core State Standards and other key education issues.
For example, advisory board member Sheena Hervey, chief academic officer for Generation Ready, recently spoke at the AASA Women in School Leadership Forum about the importance of middle school literacy and continues to offer her expertise at national education conferences. Meanwhile, the Obama administration recently elected board member Dr. Ivory Toldson to serve as the deputy director of the Historically Black Colleges and Universities White House initiative. In October, Dr. Richard Elmore, Dr. Pedro Noguera and Dr. Michael Ward collaborated with Generation Ready on a thought leadership event and panel discussion that focused on challenges schools and students face regarding college and career readiness.
The Generation Ready advisory board includes:
- Dr. Richard F. Elmore – Gregory R. Angrig Professor of Education Leadership focusing on administration, planning and social policy at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Dr. James L. Herman – Director of the Tennessee Center for the Study and Treatment of Dyslexia at Middle Tennessee State University.
- Sheena Hervey – Chief academic officer for Generation Ready and literacy expert.
- Dr. Jal Mehta – Associate professor in education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Dr. Pedro Noguera – Peter L. Agnew Professor of Education at New York University.
- Dr. Keith Rogers – Deputy director of the Gaining Early Awareness of Readiness for Undergraduate Programs at the University of Nevada.
- Dr. William Schmidt – University Distinguished Professor and co-director of the Education Policy Center at the University of Michigan.
- Dr. Ivory A. Toldson – Associate professor at Howard University and editor-in-chief of the Journal of Negro Education.
- Dr. Aida Walqui – Director of WestEd’s Teacher Professional Development Program.
- Dr. Michael Ward – Associate member of the Graduate Faculty in Education Leadership at the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Brenda Welburn – Former executive director of the National Association of State Boards of Education. She is one of the nation’s foremost experts on state education policy.
About Generation Ready
With roots that go back 20 years, Generation Ready is the nation’s leading professional development partner, working with superintendents, principals and teachers to elevate student achievement through professional learning services and targeted school and district solutions. Created through acquisition by Weld North Holdings LLC in September 2012, Generation Ready combines the deep expertise and resources of two long-renowned education organizations – Editure/AUSSIE Professional Development and JBHM Education Group. Our mission is to support teachers and school leaders in order to educate a stronger, more vibrant generation of students prepared to meet life’s challenges. For more information, visit genready.wpengine.com.
P: 614-224-8114 ext. 242