We believe that the key to providing effective professional development is to understand it as an ongoing process that is embedded in the daily work of teachers and leaders. To this end, Generation Ready matches its highly qualified consultants with the needs of K-12 schools across the country, where consultants work side-by-side with teachers and administrators as professional, instructional and pedagogical coaches.
We are currently seeking educators to fill part-time education consultant positions. All of our consultants are potentially benefits-eligible employees of Generation Ready, not independent contractors, and are paid on a per-diem rather than salaried basis.
- Work collaboratively with schools to inform the development of a culture and climate that promotes and sustains student and adult learning in literacy or mathematics
- Develop positive working relationships with a diverse group of teachers in a side-by-side, job-embedded coaching model
- Rigorously analyze multiple sources of data to plan, to assess and to evaluate professional learning
- Use understanding of learning to lead schools in reviewing, developing, organizing and implementing rigorous standards-aligned literacy or math curricula
- Support schools in ensuring there is effective teaching in classrooms by strengthening pedagogy and instructional planning
- Collaborate with Generation Ready’s network of consultants and thought leaders to strengthen results
- When appropriate, implement workshops on theory and practice to improve instruction
- Approach work with professionalism that strengthens the company and school partnerships
- Document work in Generation Ready’s proprietary evidence-based suite of mobile technology products
Requirements & Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 teaching years in the K-12 classroom: Generation Ready’s work is based on a philosophy of best practice rather than a pre-packaged product or program, so a great depth of instructional experience is key in a consultant’s ability to customize the work for each teacher and school
- Proven experience in implementing balanced literacy or constructivist math practices, problem based learning, discussion, a whole-part-whole model of instruction, small group instruction, differentiated lesson planning and instruction, and authentic and summative assessments aligned to standards
- Experience with, and understanding of, socio-economically and ethnically diverse student populations
- Ability to lead collaborative professional learning, especially individual, job-embedded, and small group, that results in improved outcomes for students
- A strong theoretical knowledge of literacy or math content and pedagogy
- Demonstrate effective use and understanding of Literacy or Math Common Core State Standards and those for College and Career Readiness
- Commitment to and proficiency in the use of technology to support the work and enhance adult and student learning in literacy or math
- Enthusiasm and excitement for your own ongoing professional learning
- Strong presentation, communication, and coaching skills
- Positive, respectful professional relationships
Please complete this form to start the application process.
Generation Ready is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.