Full time, Exempt
New York, New York
With roots that go back 20 years, Generation Ready is the Nation’s leading professional development partner, working with superintendents, principals and teachers to elevate student achievement through professional learning services, and targeted school and district solutions. We engage specialized and experienced consultants to provide job-embedded professional development to thousands of schools across the country. We are raising student achievement and building thriving learning environments by aligning research-based professional development with the latest technology.
The Special Projects Manager & Assistant is a “roll up your sleeves” and multi-faceted role for someone who is proactive, thoughtful, detail-oriented and can work independently. This role encompasses meaningful data and research projects for the EVP in addition to administrative support. In addition, the EA/SPM will have the ability to contribute to recruiting and proposal efforts while having the opportunity to interface with every department in the company.
- Provide administrative support to the EVP including calendar management, coordinating meetings and calls, travel arrangements, expense reporting, etc.
- Communicate effectively internally and externally on behalf of the EVP and Generation Ready.
- Research, prepare and edit reports, correspondence, data analysis and presentations utilizing the internet, Generation Ready reporting systems, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Provide proactive project management support and coordination including developing and implementing plans, monitoring progress for personal and coworker tasks, following-up and meeting deadlines.
- Prioritize and manage multiple short-term and long-term projects in conjunction with the EVP and any assigned co-workers.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations through the creation of original slides and the collection and coordination of data and information from the applicable personnel to create high quality presentations that can be used both internally and externally.
- Provide recruiting support for Human Resources as needed including resume reviews, scheduling and conducting interviews, posting ads, searching job related sites for applicable candidates, and the creation and management of targeted recruitment campaigns.
- Provide back up support for designated corporate staff (including certain office management, administrative, and the reporting related functions) as required.
- Support the Manager of Proposals as needed, including editing, assembling and distributing, RFP responses and proposals.
- Other projects and assignments as needed and some overtime required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum of five years of related experience including working closely with Executive leadership.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems is a plus.
- Capability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments from multiple sources with great attention to detail.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to take initiative and complete tasks using sound judgement is critical.
- Capacity to think creatively and strategically, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with staff recruitment and/or interviewing of job candidates is preferred.
- Positive, motivated, and eager to contribute to team efforts; possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use good judgment, tact, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work in a flexible, changing environment.
- Ability to work independently, and to proactively identify opportunities for improvement.
Please complete this form to start the application process.
Generation Ready is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.