Full time, Exempt
New York, New York
Reports to the Manager of Technology and Operations.
With roots that go back 20 years, Generation Ready is the Nation’s leading professional development partner, working with superintendents, principals and teachers to elevate student achievement through professional learning services, and targeted school and district solutions. We engage specialized and experienced consultants to provide job-embedded professional development to thousands of schools across the country. We are raising student achievement and building thriving learning environments by aligning research-based professional development with the latest technology.
Generation Ready is expanding its small technology team to include a dedicated software and systems engineer. The focus of this role will be to build and maintain internal business systems. The role requires a candidate that can be a collaborative and communicative team member, able to represent the technology department across the organization. They will be working closely with all other departments to identify software solutions and build requirements while supporting the software development lifecycle.
This role will lead and manage business system maintenance and new development, taking ownership of business systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain custom SharePoint hosted apps
- Develop and maintain custom SharePoint Online pages
- Perform SharePoint Online administrative functions (managing lists, etc.)
- Develop and maintain PowerShell scripts for regular task automation
- Develop and maintain integration processes using third party integration platforms
- Work with departments to provide access to clean data sets for day-to-day data analysis
- Develop reports and reporting tools for departments to run reports at-will
- Assist in managing AWS and Azure architecture and environments
- Work with departments and stakeholders to determine requirements, plan solutions and execute implementation
- Evaluate, develop and manage DevOps processes
- Provide helpdesk support and be the top level escalation point for business system helpdesk issues
- Other projects and assignments as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and work experience
- Minimum two to five years of experience in software development, systems engineering or other relevant field
- Solid design, coding, testing and debugging skills
- SharePoint / SharePoint Online
- Strong SQL experience
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Strong in a scripting language
- We also use the following languages, platforms, libraries and tools, so prior experience is a nice to have
- Dell Boomi
- MS Office
- PHP / Laravel
- Modern web technologies (React, Webpack)
- Motivated self-starter ready to take ownership of business functions and processes
- Major interests beyond software development, reaching into dev ops, systems integration and administration
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor information based on the intended audience
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, and to proactively identify opportunities for improvement
- Organizational skills and the ability handle multiple tasks and responsibilities with great attention to detail
Please complete this form to start the application process.
Generation Ready is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.