New York, New York
Full time, Exempt
Reports to the SVP
With roots that go back 20 years, Generation Ready is the Nation’s leading professional development partner, working with superintendents, principals and teachers to elevate student achievement through professional learning services, and targeted school and district solutions. We engage specialized and experienced consultants to provide job-embedded professional development to thousands of schools across the country. We are raising student achievement and building thriving learning environments by aligning research-based professional development with the latest technology.
Reporting to the SVP, the NYC GM is responsible for all NYC sales, operations, and educational quality, for professional development services offered by the company in NYC. The NYC GM will lead and work collaboratively with the Educational Directors to achieve the educational and business goals for Generation Ready in NYC. The NYC GM is responsible for the quality of program launch and delivery, and the achievement of Sales/Revenue targets by planning strategically, building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders, and ensuring consistently high-quality Consultants and Professional Learning services in the region.
- Meet with all levels of K-12 NYC DOE administration including DOE, district, and school level decision makers on a regular and frequent basis to effectively sell the company’s professional development and consultancy related services
- Utilize your established network of education contacts, while developing new contacts, in order to establish meetings with budgetary and administrative decision makers to effectively sell the company’s professional development consultancy and related services to schools and school districts
- Provide direct leadership and management of the NYC Educational Directors, while providing leadership and support of the NYC educational consultants and administrative staff
- Renew and expand the services of existing partnerships
- Ensure that all business opportunities are tracked and recorded from inception through completion through the effective use of the company’s CRM system
- Review district and school objectives and prepare initial assessments and recommendations of the technical, financial, and consultancy needs associated with the preparation of a formal proposal, as needed
- Liaison with the Marketing team and other support staff and peers to ensure materials developed are appropriate to the market and sufficient to grow the business
- Stay current with all aspects of NYC K-12 educational initiatives and proactively identify new market opportunities based on DOE policy, funding, staffing, and educational priorities and initiatives, while developing and implementing strategies for growth
- Monitor the MTAC, RFP, and contract renewal calendar and develop proposals in response to district RFP’s and/or general requests for proposal
- Provide recruiting, observations, and oversight of consultants in collaboration with the Educational Directors and the national Resource Management team
- Identify consultants in need of additional support and/or management and develop and execute improvement plans with the Educational Directors as needed in order to ensure high quality services
- Assist in the development of budgets and forecasts while managing the NYC budget in a way that meets and exceeds annual targets
- Attend key conferences and NYC events in order to build new relationships and increase brand awareness
- 4-year degree in education or related field
- 10+ years of experience in K-12 Education preferably as a K-12 district or school leader, a General Manager or Business Developer for a K-12 educational services company, or a K-12 consultant.
- A strong understanding of instruction and K-12 professional development
- History of success writing successful K-12 RFP responses or grant proposals that have won a competitive review process
- Excellent presentation, verbal communication, writing and grammar skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Demonstrated ability to successfully motivate and lead teams
- Previous successful sales experience in a consulting or professional services environment preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to turn data into actionable information and direction
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities and situations simultaneously
- Strong leadership, project management, communication and presentation skills
- Solid analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency with business management systems such as CRM and Work Management Systems
Please complete this form to start the application process.
Generation Ready is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.