New York, New York
Full time, Exempt
Reports to the EVP
With roots that go back 20 years, Generation Ready is the Nation’s leading professional development partner, working with superintendents, principals and teachers to elevate student achievement through professional learning services, and targeted school and district solutions. We engage specialized and experienced consultants to provide job-embedded professional development to thousands of schools across the country. We are raising student achievement and building thriving learning environments by aligning research-based professional development with the latest technology.
Reporting to the General Manager, NYC, the ED is a member of the NYC team and works collaboratively to achieve the educational and business goals for Generation Ready in NYC.
Responsible for NYC Consultancy, quality of program launches and delivery, and the achievement of Bookings/Revenue Targets in NYC districts by planning strategically, building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders (District, School leaders) and ensuring consistent high quality Professional Learning services.
Sales and Marketing
- Analyze market data and trends with the NYC GM to develop a strategic sales and marketing plans to maximize business goals for renewal and new business as well as offerings.
- Regularly utilize forecast data and update sales reports to track sales and activity against renewal and new business targets and to guide and focus contacts with schools.
- Secure purchase orders as necessary.
- Learn and use all IT business system requirements.
- Conduct frequent and regular meetings and sales calls with both existing and new district and school personnel to achieve business goals.
- Develop proposals in response to RFP’s and customer opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients and consultants.
- Initiate education discussions with school leadership to determine needs, identify priorities, design the support and determine requisite consultant skill set.
- Recommend the right match of consultant to school, taking into account consultant experience, expertise and personality in relation to school’s specific needs.
- Coordinate the collection and assembly of data that measure educational gains and create written summaries and communicate the results to consultants, schools, and districts as appropriate.
- Facilitate introductory meeting between the school and the consultant, focusing on the scope, content and depth of the work; skillful management of expectations.
- Monitor client and consultant satisfaction as the assignment progresses, addressing issues and concerns as they arise.
Consultancy and Consultancy Support
- Conduct NYC Consultant Reviews.
- Review all project reports and logs for quality assurance.
- Responsible for orientation of NYC based consultants coordinating with National onboarding consultant activity.
- Participate in recruiting, screening, interviewing, and hiring of new consultants providing feedback to Director of Human Resources.
- Observe consultants and provide appropriate feedback and coaching in a collaborative manner.
- Provide consultancy as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in K-12 Education preferably as a school leader, consultant, and/or teacher with strong Literacy experience.
- Ability to travel across NYC on a frequent and regular basis to support current and prospective services is required.
- A deep understanding of teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, the NYC DOE structure, initiatives, processes and functions is highly preferred.
- Enthusiasm and excitement for ongoing professional learning.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with consultants and clients.
- Experience managing people effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to turn data into actionable information and direction.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple activities and situations simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills.
- Solid analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Proficiency with business management systems desirable such as CRM and Work Management Systems.
Please complete this form to start the application process.
Generation Ready is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.